There’s no place like home for the holidays, making it a great time to check out holiday light displays in some area neighborhoods. Here is a list we’ve put together some of the best neighborhoods and light displays in Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Duluth, Cumming and Roswell.
Ashebrooke Night of Lights in Cumming - Sunday, December 19th at 6pm. 5020 Luke Dr., Cumming
On one amazing night, homeowners in the community of Ashebrooke in Cumming put together their passion and desire to “bring joy, community spirit and lots of lights” to raise money for a good cause. This year the event will benefit two Ashebrook faililies In need go to their websit to read more Donation buckets will be located throughout the neighborhood
. Out of the 310+ properties in Ashebrooke, generally 90% participate! According to the organizers, in past years there have been Santa sightings, falling snow, reindeer, bag pipers and a live nativity scene. The drive through the neighborhood can take an hour or more, but it’s worth it. Ashebrooke is located near the intersection of Kelly Mill Road and Bethelview Road in Cumming, GA. All traffic must enter at Luke Drive and follow the traffic pattern as indicated on the map (right). Only right turns are permitted on the Night of Lights to ensure the proper flow of traffic.Visitors may not park on the streets or turn around since traffic will be one-way only for the duration of the event.
Christmas in Castille in Alpharetta (Forsyth County side) - Thursday through Sunday December 16th-18th, 6-9pm weather permitting
Tune your radio to 89.9 FM and experience a phenomenal 15 minute light display with over 59,000 twinkling set to a four song playlist. Christmas in Castille is a home in the Castille neighborhood in West Forsyth county in Alpharetta. The Castille neighborhood is typically gated, but the gate will be made open each night for the display, which gives you a great opportunity to check out what makes this neighborhood so great. Hours of operation are 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Thursday through Sunday December 16th -18th. The home is located at 4220 Tivoli Way Alpharetta. http://www.christmasincastille.com/
Emory Hospital Johns Creek Free Drive-through Christmas Light Display 2021
If you're looking for a really good drive-through display of Christmas lights, but you don't want to drive out to Lake Lanier or Calaway Gardens to save both time and money, you'll find free a Christmas Lights Display on Hospital Parkway in Johns Creek by Emory Hospital for the month of December.
Starting at the south end of Hospital Parkway, (that is Medlock Parkway) there is nearly 2 miles (one mile in each direction, separated by a wooded median) of displays of Holiday Lights by the Emory John's Creek hospital in Technology Park. It is available free to the public through December 31st. It is sponsored by the Johns Creek Owners Association and Emory Johns Creek Hospital.
You can start at either end of Hospital Drive, but you will want to turn around and come back, as there are lights on both sides of the road, which has a wide median with trees and other obstructions.
The lights come on at dark
The route and addresses
Drive to the Medlock Bridge entrance,
6375 Hospital Pkwy, Johns Creek, GA 30097
turn around and drive to the McGinnis Ferry end of Hospital Parkway:
6300 Hospital Pkwy, Johns Creek, GA 30097
It is a divided 2 lane road with a wide landscaped median, so you need to turn around at the traffic light and return to the starting point to see all of the displays.
Technology Park at Johns Creek
6375 Hospital Pkwy,
Johns Creek, GA.
Duluth Christmas House in Duluth - Nightly through December 29th
Once again for the 2021 season, we WILL NOT offer our walk through display due to COVID. This decision was based on the current CDC information and the fact that we want to keep everyone safe. THIS IS A DRIVE BY EXPERIENCE ONLY. WHAT: Duluth's Christmas House is a local family run Christmas light display in Duluth, Georgia. Our display was started in 2017, as a small, walk through display with about half of the decorations that we have now. Our only goal is to spread joy and the Christmas spirit to all. Once again for the 2021 season, we WILL NOT offer our walk through display due to COVID. This decision was based on the current CDC information and the fact that we want to keep everyone safe. THIS IS A DRIVE BY EXPERIENCE ONLY.
- WHERE: We are located at 2929 Mockingbird Circle in Duluth Georgia. We anticipate large crowds so please be patient on the weekends and the week before Christmas Day.
- WHEN: Our 2021 display will be illuminated on Thanksgiving night, Thursday, November 25th and will continue through December 29th. Our hours are 6pm until 10pm nightly.
- COST: As always, our display is free. There is no need for tickets. Our 2021 holiday canned food drive will be held once again for the food pantry at Duluth's First Baptist Church. We will be accepting NON PERISHABLE food items nightly. There will be a plastic bin located at the end of the drive way to place your donations in. On peak nights, there will be someone outside to collect your donations. There will also be a cash donation box at the end of driveway for any monetary donations. Our 2021 goal for items collected is 1,500. Donations are strictly voluntary. Any and all donations are greatly appreciated.
- EXPERIENCE: Our 2021 display is drive by only .Don't worry, you can enjoy the lights from your car. Please DO NOT park on our street or in our neighbors yards or driveways!! We kindly ask you to respect our neighbors and their privacy by not entering their property. If you wish to view the display a second time, please circle around the block . Once again, the display is NOT safe for anyone to enter.
- WEATHER: In the event of heavy rain, wind or snow we WILL NOT have the display on. Our display runs on GFCI outlets for safety and will not turn on in these type of weather conditions. In the event of weather related closures, we will update our Facebook page by 4pm.
Santa’s Village in Roswell - Nightly 6-9pm Thanksgiving through New Years
Train rides are given on Friday, Saturday & Sunday Evenings
Featuring Christmas characters, trains and lights, Santa’s Village in Roswell is straight out of the things sugarplum fairies are made of. The display includes 8 display settings, each one with a Christmas scene. The garage display is like a picture out of a Norman Rockwell calendar, and will bring back memories of Christmas past. And we have a full life size Nativity, with a telling of the Story of Christmas.
- Located at 405 Waverly Hall Drive, it can be reached from the intersection of Woodstock Road (Hiway 92) and Bowen Road. Corner landmarks are Target and CVS Pharmacy. Head south one block and turn right on Waverly Hall Drive and go about six tenths of a mile to 405. Santa’s Village is located on the right side - with the displays located in the display trailer and the garage. Please get out of your cars and walk down the driveway to enjoy.
- The cost is free, but donations are graciously accepted, with 100% of donations going to purchase Toys for Tots.
We hope to see you and that you enjoy your visit. We even have heaters on colder evenings.